I received the Leibster Award from Erik, the prolific reviewer at This Kid Reads Books
If I understand this correctly, the Leibster Award is given to a blog with less than 200 followers, that someone (Erik) finds especially interesting and wants others to notice. To accept there are a few things I must do.
1. I must publicly thank the giver of the reward.
2. Tell Five Things About Yourself.
1. I was a social worker, and before that a photographer.
2. I have systemic lupus.
3. Recently, I ran my car into the brick building I live in, taking out a bush, but no bricks.
4. Occasionally, I am a pet sitter. My company is called CS Pets, because too many use the name Critter Sitter, so I shortened it to CS Pets. I own the domain – need a website.
5. When the two ends of the month do not meet, I also mystery shop. Yep, there really are mystery shoppers, but it isn’t as profitable as you might think. Sometimes I actually do get to get an item, but usually it is returned “as part of the evaluation.” Once, I mystery shopped five Subways in one day. No returns. By number three: “Yuck!” The highest paying mystery shop I have done was at a hospital (I cannot say the name). I played an ER patient to evaluate the department. I was there eight hours — but it was worth it.
3. Nominate 5 Websites I Love and Want to Share.
- Kids Read, this is written by a recent graduate and new librarian. The reviews are sharply written and a good source for parents.
- Filipino Book Bloggers, a collection of book reviews by people all over the world who are Filipino. It can be quite interesting with so many voices.
- Author Diane Mae Robinson, whose book titled Sir Princess Petra was recently reviewed HERE.
- Author Sue Glader, her ground-breaking book titled Nowhere Hair was reviewed HERE.
- My favorite book blogger, This Kid Reviews Books I am continually impressed with Erik’s reviews, sense of humor, and maturity. This kid ROCKS!
Once again, thanks for the Liebster, Erik. I learned that liebster is a German word that means favorite. Those blogs above are all favorites of mine and I hope everyone will check them out, leave a comment, and join if you like the site. I hope you will.